Thursday, December 24, 2009

Give me your BEST recipe for ramen noodles and tell me your favorite flavor of ramen.?

Do you have an interesting recipe for ramen noodles? Tell me about itGive me your BEST recipe for ramen noodles and tell me your favorite flavor of ramen.?
This is more of a ';Kitchen Fun Episode'; story than an actual recipe, but the dish was - Oh So Scrumpilicious.





This episode started the day before, when I didn’t feel like cooking. So I browned a pound of ground beef (so it wouldn’t go bad) so I could use it later. I dumped it into a skillet along with a good shake of seasoned salt and some garlic powder. I stirred it good to crumble it, and cooked it until the meat was no longer pink (and just a bit longer). I drained it, cooled it, and put it up in the “frig” for later use.





So, now it’s time to use the cooked ground beef. What am I going to do with it? Looking in the pantry, I see that I have a package of one of those Lipton Side Dishes, Beef Lo Mein. That looks good - I’ll use it.





I also have 3 green bell peppers from the in-laws garden. So, I cut them up into about 3/4-inch chunks, toss them into a non-stick skillet along with about 3 tbsp of oleo over medium-low heat, cover them and set them to cook.





Next, I chop up 3 medium onions into the same 3/4-inch chunks and toss them in with the sweet peppers. I sprinkle on some seasoned salt and some “Oriental Garlic Seasoning”. I let the peppers/onions cook a few minutes, and then stir in the “already cooked” ground beef.





A Few Words About Sauté - And Peppers and Onions:


I’m not really an expert authority here, but I have made some observations in my years of cooking, and I would like to pass this on to you. Raw green bell peppers and raw onions each have a distinct flavor that has somewhat of a bite to it. As they cook, this flavor changes - the bite turns first into a “sweet flavor”, and then into a more “nuetral flavor”. They also change texture as they cook. To my tastes, they are the sweetest when they still have just a bit of that “raw texture” to them - before they get soft. As you cook and experiment with your cooking, test taste your sautéed peppers or onions at various stages of “doneness” to see what flavor excites you (and your loved ones) the most.





Back to the Kitchen Fun Episode - While the peppers, onions and ground beef are cooking over a medium-low heat, I start the Lipton Side Dish - Beef Lo Mein according to package directions. Just as it is coming to a boil, I realize that it is not going to be near enough to mix well with the pepper/onion/beef goodies.





So, back to the pantry, and I find a package of Beef Ramen Noodles. Excellent - I break these up and add them, the flavor packet and another 1 1/2 cups hot water to the Beef Lo Mein stuff. I stir it all to completely break up the noodles, and then I pour it over my pepper/onion/beef mixture in the skillet. I stir it a bit to mix it all together, and let it simmer over a low heat for just a few minutes.





Man, oh man - this concoction was gooood. It reminded me of something SSG Jesse Vinson once told me - “put a plate of this on your head, and your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get to it”.





If there is a moral to this particular Kitchen Fun Episode, it might be this: Sauté some peppers and onions in oleo with seasoned salt and garlic - they can make almost anything taste really good.Give me your BEST recipe for ramen noodles and tell me your favorite flavor of ramen.?
i like the oriental flavor and i put, Tabasco sauce, nuts, shrimp and jalapeno peppers in it.
Ramen noodles = trans fat
I like to get the shrimp flavor and add a couple of packages of preboiled frozen shrimp in it (along with the flavor packets it comes with), on the side I saute onions, garlic, and jalapenos in a little olive oil until the onions are clear, and then mix it in with the Ramen noodles/shrimp.


I serve steamed broccoli and croissants with it.


It makes for a cheap and delicious meal!!





On a normal day, good old chicken flavor by itself is good!!
The best is the chicken flavor. Cook noodles, drain, add half the seasoning packet. Stir. Put half the noodles in a bowl, add a slice of american cheese, put the rest of the noodles on top so the cheese melts. Add a dollop of sour cream and chop up with a fork and knife. Add a little of the hot water if its not creamy enough. Is also good with fresh chives and lots of black pepper.
I lived on Ramen for a year, and loved it! Mostly, I made vegetable stew with it. Very, Very cheap!





First, boil water - a bit more than the directions say. Add carrots and celery first, so they have time to cook. 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk. After the ';hard vegetables'; begin to soften, add softer vegetables, maybe a 1/4 onion, broccoli, or green beans. After another minute, add your soft vegetables (mostly squashes). Then put in your noodles and flavor packet, and cook til' the noodles are how you like them!





I like Korean ramens more than ';Top Ramen';, as they came with a little chili oil in addition to the flavor packet. I found that I didn't like shrimp and fish flavors, but I love anything else!
I use chicken broth instead of water for cooking the chicken varieties and add in cubed chicken and whatever veggies I have at hand (that would taste good of course).


Likewise, I sometimes do up the beef varieties with beef broth, stew beef, and veggies.
  • web hosting plans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment