Sunday, December 20, 2009

Need the BEST sugar cookie ICING recipe?

Like the smooth icing that people use for Christmas cookies. Smooth but with good texture. Not to majorly sweet. I know what I am looking for but cant find the right taste. Its not the taste of like the Walmart sugar cookie icing, but more maybe buttery, I am not to sure, Thank you !!Need the BEST sugar cookie ICING recipe?
I just make my regular buttercream frosting and add a little extra milk so it will spread a little more thinly.





5 Tbs. butter


3 cups powdered sugar


1 tsp. vanilla


Cream all of that together, then start with adding 2 Tbs. of milk. Add more milk as needed to get to spreading consistency.Need the BEST sugar cookie ICING recipe?
to tell you the thruth one of the best and easiest sugar cookies I make during xmas time is Betty Crockers premixed cookie mix... all you have to do is add water, eggs, and oil and let me tell you they are the best.
Icing


4 cups (or more) sifted powdered sugar (sifted, then measured)


3 tablespoons (or more) whole milk


1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract





For icing:


Combine 4 cups powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, and vanilla in medium bowl. Stir until icing is well blended, smooth, and spreadable, adding more milk by teaspoonfuls if too thick or more sugar by tablespoonfuls if too thin. Using small icing spatula or table knife, spread thin layer of icing atop each cookie.
1c. Shorting


2 Tsp. Vanilla


4c. Powdered sugar


4 Tb. Milk


A topping of your choice.





Beat: Shorting/vanilla @ 30 Sec. @ Med. Speed W/ And Elec. Mixer





And P. Sugar and Moo A tad at a time while beating.





Slowly add rest of P.Sugar/ moo till right constancy.





And topping.





--------------------------------------鈥?br>







I heard this recipe is good but I haven't tried yet. I'm going to today so I hope its good.
I just made some yesterday - this turned out great.





4 cups powdered sugar


1 cup butter (is much better than margarine)(recipe actually says shortening - but I substitute butter)


1 teaspoon vanilla


4 tablespoons milk





It's pretty good. If this or any of the other great answers you got aren't quite what you are looking for, go to www.allrecipes.com -I can usually find what I am looking for there - or something really close that I can modify.
INGREDIENTS


4 cups confectioners' sugar


1/2 cup shortening


5 tablespoons milk


1 teaspoon vanilla extract


food coloring (optional)





DIRECTIONS


In a large bowl, cream together the confectioners' sugar and shortening until smooth. Gradually mix in the milk and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and stiff, about 5 minutes. Color with food coloring if desired
use the one on the back of powered sugar and use real butter and food dye.
  • web hosting plans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment